The Pennsylvania House Democratic Campaign Committee seeks a qualified person to serve as the Finance Assistant. The Finance Assistant will work closely with the Finance Director on all aspects of the operation, with a focus on the call time program. The PA HDCC is the campaign arm of the Pennsylvania House Democrats. This is a campaign cycle, full-time position with benefits based in Harrisburg, PA with travel across the commonwealth required. The position is funded through November 30, 2022. The Finance Assistant reports to the Finance Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Effectively manage member and leader call time;
- Complete all phone, email, or mail follow-up from candidate call time;
- Assist with events including staffing and logistics;
- Assist in maintaining and updating our database of donor contacts;
- Work with schedulers to ensure appropriate member dedication to call time;
- Assist in NGP database management for compliance;
- Research, projects and other duties as assigned.
- Highly organized self-starter;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Working knowledge of NGP 7 and 8, Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel), and Google Docs;
- Access to a car, laptop, cell phone, and valid driver’s license;
- Ability to manage a principal;
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects;
- At least one campaign cycle of fundraising experience preferred;
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends;
- Familiarity with Pennsylvania politics is preferred but not required;
- Familiarity with Pennsylvania’s campaign finance laws is preferred but not required;
- Commitment to the values and ideals of the Democratic Party.
Salary is $4,000 – $4,500 a month, commensurate with experience. A platinum level health insurance package including medical, dental and vision is offered. To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and references to email@example.com with the subject line Finance Assistant. PA HDCC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employees with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.