The Pennsylvania House Democratic Campaign Committee seeks a qualified person to serve as the Red to Blue Campaigns Director. This position is a “jack of all trades” position that will be a primary point of contact for our top tier campaigns and staff for campaign tactics and strategy, including but not limited to fundraising, communications, and management. The PA HDCC is the campaign arm of the Pennsylvania House Democrats.
This is a campaign cycle, full-time position with benefits based in Harrisburg, PA with travel across the commonwealth required. This position is funded through November 30, 2022. The Red to Blue Campaigns Director reports to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Train campaign staff, including Campaign Managers, Finance Directors, Field Directors and others;
- Assist campaigns with effective budgeting;
- Assist campaigns in the hiring of qualified staff;
- Ensure proper communications between the campaigns and the committee;
- Manage weekly conference calls for campaigns in a structured and professional fashion to assist with earned and paid media plans, field operations and fundraising;
- Tracking and enforcing fundraising and door knocking goals;
- Briefing partners and donors on campaigns and activities;
- And other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
A bachelor’s degree or higher education level is preferred. A successful applicant will have worked at least 3 political campaign cycles with at least one as a Campaign Manager.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Thorough knowledge of campaign best practices and procedures;
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment;
- Ability to work effectively and tactfully with the public;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Commitment to the values and ideals of the Democratic Party.
Salary is $5,000 – $5,500 a month, commensurate with experience. A platinum level health insurance package including medical, dental and vision is offered with 100% premiums paid by the committee. The committee offers a meaningful vacation days, sick days, and holidays policy.
To apply, send a resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Red to Blue Campaigns Director”. Resumes will be accepted until November 12, with an expected start date of either December 13 or January 3 based on the successful applicant’s availability.
PA HDCC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employees with a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or anything else besides their ability to do the job.