Pennsylvania House Democratic Campaign Committee
This internship will provide training in the following three areas:
- Communications – participate in message development and social media program
- Field Operations – organize and train volunteers for HDCC events
- Fundraising - organizing and executing fundraising meetings and events, training on fundraising software and general compliance
While interning for PA HDCC, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Help recruit volunteers and participants for HDCC events
- Work with staff to build campaign finance databases by conducting donor research.
- Work with incumbents to set up and staff fundraising events
- Represent the organization at special events.
- Research political and campaign issues, and prepare information to brief candidates and other organizations
- Track specific news stories or topics, and present information to staff
Previous political experience is a plus, but not required.
The Pennsylvania House Democratic Campaign Committee is an equal-opportunity organization – we do not discriminate based on items such as race, gender, or sexual orientation, and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply.
Schedules can be arranged on a case by case basis, but we do ask that applicants understand that a commitment of at least 20 hours per week is necessary. Weekend work may be expected.
Internships are based out of offices in Harrisburg.
College credit hours are available for prospective interns, given that they meet the requirements set by the college or institution they attend.
To apply, please send your resume, a cover letter, and 2-3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.